Last Updated: 2023-04-12
Welcome to OrcasHub!
OrcasHub is a welcoming space for all full-time or part-time residents of San Juan County. We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community. When using this site, please be mindful that any content you post is respectful, charitable, and considerate towards all people. This is not the place to have political or controversial discussions or debates.
By using OrcasHub, you acknowledge and agree that you:
- will adhere to the community expectations and guidelines outlined above and below.
- are a full or part-time resident of San Juan County.
- are using an account registered under your own name.
- are registering with legitimate personal contact information.
- will not post content which is defamatory, derogatory, offensive, harassing, disrespectful, or exclusionary towards any people.
- will not use the website to promote your own or other business or commercial interests. Exceptions may be made by the site owner for non-profit organizations on a case-by-case basis.
- will post only items that contain truthful information and verifiable facts and will refrain from posting "alternative facts", conspiracy theories, false statements, hearsay or rumors.
- will not post content to which you do not have the rights to publish or distribute.
- are granting this site a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, fully paid/sublicensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, and make derivative works from content you post.
- will not copy/collect OrcasHub content via robots, spiders, scripts, scrapers, crawlers, or any automated or manual equivalent (e.g., by hand).
When using the OrcasHub Classifieds section of this website, you acknowledge and agree that you:
- will only post items for sale which you rightfully own.
- will not post items or activities which violate local, county, state, or federal law or regulations.
- will accurately represent any items posted and not aim to mislead potential buyers.
- will not post items or content on behalf of others outside of your household.
- will mark items as sold or delete posts promptly when the item is no longer available.
When using the OrcasHub Housing section of this website, you acknowledge and agree that you:
- will accurately represent yourself and the listing and not aim to mislead potential buyers.
- will not post on behalf of others outside of your household.
- will be responsible for checking references of potential land-hosts or tenants.
Additionally, by using OrcasHub, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you will not harass or bully other users or moderators of this website.
- misleading, unsolicited, and/or unlawful postings/communications/accounts are prohibited, as is buying or selling accounts.
- any content may be removed from the site at the discretion of the content moderators.
- any content may be moved, merged, or modified at the discretion of the content moderators.
- any user may be removed from the site at the discretion of content moderators. Users removed are not permitted to create a new account.
- all users of the site are visitors to a volunteer-run service that provides no guarantees to any users; OrcasHub provide its service on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis and any risk of using OrcasHub is assumed by you.
- any donations made by a user to the site are (a) non-refundable, (b) do not serve as a guarantee service, and (c) will not result in any preferential treatment of the user by the site owner or moderators.
- OrcasHub makes no promises, warranties, or representations as to OrcasHub, including its completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, propriety, security or reliability. OrcasHub disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including as to accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and all warranties arising from course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
- OrcasHub disclaims any liability or responsibility for acts, omissions, or conduct of you or any party in connection with OrcasHub. OrcasHub is NOT liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or other losses, including lost profits, revenues, data, goodwill, etc., arising from or related to OrcasHub.
- any claim, cause of action, demand, or dispute arising from or related to OrcasHub will be governed by the internal laws of Washington State, without regard to conflict of law provisions, except to the extent governed by US federal law. You agree to (1) submit to the personal jurisdiction of courts in Washington State; (2) indemnify and hold OrcasHub harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys' fees) that arise from a third party and relate to your use of OrcasHub; and (3) be liable and responsible for any claims we may have against your officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, or any other party, directly or indirectly, paid, directed or controlled by you, or acting for your benefit.